Meringues are one of my favorite sweet treats! Making these treats are actually quite simple, but they're still delicious! Today, I will be sharing this cool recipe with you!
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (220g) of Caster Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk on high for 3 mins. Whisk in the vanilla essence.
- Use two teaspoons to spoon meringue onto lined trays.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 90°C.
- Bake meringues for 1 hour 30 mins.
- Turn the oven off and leave meringues in the oven to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Tip: Use just a bit of food coloring for pastel colored meringues.
This recipe is from ...